Saturday, November 15, 2008

Real Wedding: Jeanette and Brandon


I knew when I met Jeanette that I would be in for a treat! Not only were invitations on the "to-do" list, but so were Save the Dates. For those, we designed a fantastic postcard that was made to look like a black and white newspaper classified ad. We used some of the couples engagement photos that where taken by Laura Kay Photography, and each ad was a real life event that occured between them. The picture was posted earlier on the new website sneak preview blog. The invitations were also featured before in a previous blog called "green splendor." This design was the brain candy of Jeanette. She found a picture of an invitation on the knot that she adored, but wanted to change it to make it her own and that we did. Jeanette and Brandon were married in late October at a world reknown golf course in the Sandia Mountains of New Mexico. After getting to know the bride, I knew that each detail of her wedding would be absolutely unbelievable, and I was right. She sent over these pictures the other day, and the took my breathe away. Here are the details, with some in the brides words:

We used Laura Kay Photography for pictures. She is based out of Washington, DC/Virginia and shoots local photography (in/around their area) and travels for special event photography. We chose her because she doesn't just take traditional pictures, her photography is art and captures all the special moments at different angles. Plus, we are related! She is fantastic!

I worked with Judy who was so creative and knowledgable about floral arrangements. We did not want traditional arrangements, so she worked with us to create something unique. They will work within any budget.

For invitations and save the date cards we used... well... you! We could not be more pleased with the invitation and save the date! We got soooo many compliments on the creativity and uniqueness of both. Elva worked with me endlessly until she created the perfect invitation. I found an idea online, and Elva recreated it. Plus, she worked within my budget, and I saved money by assembling the invites myself. Thank you so much for setting the tone for my guests so perfectly as to what to expect during the wedding.

  • Cake - Cakes by Lisa

I was fortunate to have a friend who bakes and creates wedding cakes! Lisa, at Cakes by Lisa, is so creative and will create anything you ask! I wanted a cake with white fondant. On top of the fondant and down the cake, Lisa recreated the floral design that was on the invitations. She even used the same color scheme as the invitations. Each tier was a different flavor, our favorites, red velvet, lemon poppyseed, and oreo. Not only was the cake delicious, the design was perfect.

Congratulations again, Jeanette and Brandon! I hope that you have a life time of joy and hapiness. Thank you for letting me play a tiny role in your fantastic celebration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That color combination is beautiful! You did a great job!! :)